If you are entering the South Burnett from the Sunshine Coast or Fraser Coast, Moffatdale is your first entry point into the South Burnett Wine Region. It is a great area for a day out of wine tasting with 4 wineries within a 5km radius, and it is particularly good for those short on time.
Enter Moffatdale on the Murgon- Barambah Road from either the A3 or the Bunya Hwy and you will arrive in the picturesque Barambah Valley. There is no right way to do the wineries here as they are all so close. You can hop from one to the other without driving for more that 3 minutes.
• Moffatdale Ridge is open 7 days from 10am to 4pm and offers wine tasting as well as a wide variety of fortified wines and liqueurs, plus delicious meals, this is a must see on your list and if you are here early in the week this one is your go to!
• Barambah Cellars are open Thursday to Sunday 10.30am to 4.30pm and offer wines from three of our fantastic local producers. This means you can try a wide range of wines all in the one place. They also offer hearty share platters packed full of yummy local produce and great wine cocktails!
• Dusty Hill are open Thursday & Friday 11.00am to late, and Saturday & Sunday 11.00am to 5.00pm, offering wine tasting in the Cellar Door and pub style lunch and dinner in the Irish Tavern.
• Clovely Estate are open on Saturday and Sunday from 10.00am to 4.00pm offering wine tasting in their rustic style cellar door set amongst the vines.
Also in Moffatdale you can find:
• Yallakool Tourist Park on Lake Barambah (Bjelke-Peterson Dam) offer camping and cabin accommodation as well as access to the lake and public BBQs and picnic areas.
• Barambah Bush Caravan Park offering top class camping, cabins and RV accommodation with entertainment on Friday nights.
• Plus loads of excellent B&B Accommodation
Check out what else you can see or where else you can stay in the Moffatdale area at one of our local tourist information offices or on our list of accommodation facilities.
If you enter Kingaroy from the south along the Bunya Highway your first point of call is Kingsley Grove, open from 10.00am to 5.00pm 7 days. They are a must stop to experience a great wine tasting, or stay for lunch with wood-fired pizza and wine ice cream.
Further North along the highway, or if you are coming down from the Moffatdale end, you will find the turn off for the Booie Ranges on the Booie Crawford Rd. This stunning location is home to Crane Winery and Bed & Breakfast open 7 days from 10.00am to 4.00pm. Stop in and experience the fabulous views over a delicious gourmet platter.
In between in Kingaroy you can find:
• Pottique Lavender Farm offering everything to do with lavender,as well as fabulous homewares plus coffee, tea and wine tastings.
• Whipbird Cafe just nearby in Kumbia offering excellent meals for lunch and dinner, as well as tea, coffe and local wines in their licensed restaurant.
• Taabinga Homestead in Taabinga offers warm country hospitality in their farm stay accommodation offering a range of cottages, plus an onsite wine store offering wines from the stations vineyard.